In response to the feedback the company received in 2011 for their orangery roof kits some key product developments have been introduced, as follows:
- One system to fit all orangery styles Venetian, Integra and GRP / rubber membrane flat roofs).
- The sections have been value engineered to use less aluminium - without sacrificing any structural integrity - allowing reduced costs to our customers
These points combined will give K2 customers a high quality yet competitively priced product, something we all strive to find in the current climate.
And of course, as for all installations, speed and ease are of the essence. The installation time along with fabrication time of the system have been reduced by as much as 75%, dramatically lowering labour costs and on site disruption, something which will undoubtedly be appreciated by the homeowner.
Following these developments K2 will be offering the system to their key fabricators as part of the bar length range in a move to meet industry demands as consumers warm to the latest growing trend.
The attached illustration shows the key elements of the system, which crucially does not use a heavy timber cassette system or aluminium ladder frames but a more efficient, easy to handle aluminium single beam framework
- Full integration with existing K2 roofs, glass and portal products …..
- Future proof Structural design complying to
- BS EN 1993-1-1-2005 Eurocode 1 Actions on structures
- BS EN 1991-1-3-2003 Eurocode 1 Snow
- BS EN 1999-1-1-2007 Eurocode 9 Design of aluminium structures
- Generic structural calculations for standard designs with no need for individual calculations for Building regulations
- All parts factory cut and drilled including
- Structural members
- Support boards
- Can easily be installed by a single installation team with no specialist lifting equipment
Based on design requirements and budget you can opt to create your own perimeter roof and fascia, utilise our 600mm wide aluminium box gutter for a Venetian or Integra Style, include the large aluminium fascia frieze for the ultimate Venetian, or select the standard 210mm box gutter for the Integra 210
The installers are provided with a kit made to size, and they simply need to add plasterboards to the inside to finish off the soffit.
Sally Fielding comments: “2011 was an important year for K2 Conservatories. We re-affirmed our position in the market place as a key player, focused on innovation, product development and customer support.
K2 will be working hard to use the momentum we gained. We want to help our customers stay competitive by ensuring the K2 product is in demand. We will focus some of our efforts in lead generation as this is one area which is absolutely crucial to success.