K2 is putting the zing back into its product offering with its new range of Orangery roof systems.
Orangeries have become the new up and coming product to have, a house extension with style, an ideal option to the more difficult house move, and a much better alternative over the standard conservatory for those looking to add value to their home.
So if you want to take advantage of this new wave of enquiries but have not yet found the system that best suits your needs, find out more about the K2 systems and make your own mind up.
The Orangery systems – a zesty mix
Made up of 3 different systems aimed at various budgets you will be able to fulfil any orangery enquiry that comes your way.
- Capella: our entry level option, the Capella system is a straight forward add-on kit that fits on a standard K2 conservatory. It is made up of a high, sculpted, powder coated aluminium gutter that gives a striking and more substantial look to the finished product by concealing the end of the roof bars. On the inside an engineered bracket extends the eaves beam to form an internal soffit. This will allow the homeowner to integrate down lights or even speakers.
- Integra: our mid-level system, it is designed to fit inside a parapet, for the traditional look that comes with a fully brick built orangery. It is the perfect choice for older properties that wish to retain a classic style. It comes in 2 options:
- The Integra features the full 400mm wide aluminium gutter, and gives an impressive 580mm deep internal soffit
- The Integra 210, which uses our existing 210 box gutter and the Capella’s internal soffit. The Integral 210 will allow you to offer this unique style but on a more competitive budget.
- The Venetian: is our top of the range solution. A self-supported system complete with 400mm wide aluminium gutter and structural legs, it allows complete design freedom for the frames / wall area, even permitting the roof to be built and installed first. The internal soffit is a massive 630mm deep.
Both the Integra and the Venetian options come in complete kits, cut to size, pre-drilled, with insulation and plasterboards; they use warm roof construction and achieve a U-value of 0.20 (0.18 when required)
And of course K2 will be providing you with onsite support when installing the Integra and the Venetian (contact us for full details), while the Capella is accompanied by a detailed installation guide and the usual technical support line
So the next time you receive an enquiry for an orangery you will be able to address it with confidence, thanks to the range of “zingy” solutions at hand that will answer most requirements and budgets.
All 3 systems have generated a huge level of enquiries.
The very first Capella installation was at the Window Centre (Solihull) and several have followed suit throughout the country, with more to come. We are glad to report that the interest shown in this refreshingly innovative product is such that our customers have sold the kit without even having seen it for themselves. This is exactly what happened to Ian Sutherland of Ribble Roofs; and enquiries are coming in, with two of his customers waiting for showroom installations of the Capella.
The Orangery Collection has also opened some new doors for K2, one example being Hometec (trading name of Calminster), in Leigh on Sea, Essex. They have already installed a Venetian at their prestigious new showroom, complete with Bi-folding doors. They are planning for the Integra and the Capella to follow.
Grahman Minns, owner of GRM Windows, was equally impressed when he installed his first Venetian. “It went together really easily, which was both impressive, and a relief. The installation has attracted a lot of interest, and I have to use it as a showcase, even for other installers. And all the neighbours want one! The homeowners are so pleased with the whole thing that they don’t mind this minimum disruption. There is still a little landscaping to be done, so there is no real disturbance caused”.
All in all, the whole range is proving a massive hit. The open days allowed us to fully demonstrate the systems to our customers, and the reaction was extremely positive. We are inviting those that could not come along to arrange for a visit so that they too can see for themselves.